Plainfield Central Middle School envisions students, staff, parents, and community
members working in unison to create an atmosphere of educational excellence
and pride. We believe the following principles are keys to making our
vision a reality.
Central School provides all children with a rich, positive learning
experience modeled after the Carnegie Task Force’s eight essential
Our school assigns students to smaller learning communities which work
closely with a team of teachers.
• Our teachers provide all students with a core academic program
that stresses literacy, critical thinking, ethical behavior and citizenship.
• Our school is organized to ensure success for all students by
promoting flexible instructional time and interdisciplinary programs
to meet the needs of students of all abilities.
• Our teachers and administrators work together on the instructional
program and school governance.
• Our teachers are specifically prepared to teach early adolescent
• Our school promotes good health and fitness as part of the educational
• Our school works and communicates with families in a spirit
of mutual respect and trust.
• Our school and the community are supportive, responsible partners
in the education of young adolescents.