Certified Nurse Assistant Course-pending
The Certified Nurse Assistant course will be offered to 10 qualified and recommended students.
- This is a yearlong, high expectations course, meeting 5 days a week.
- Starting in January, students will participate in clinical training 1 day a week. Students provide their own transportation to the clinical site, the day starts at 6:00 and ends at 2:00.
- The clinical component of the training program is provided in a licensed and approved Chronic and Convalescent Nursing Home or Rest Home with nursing supervision.
- A student must be able to handle all situations including but not limited to body fluids.
- Students must be recommended by 2 of the following: an administrator, teacher, school counselor.
- An application must be submitted along with an essay for consideration into the program.
- Requirements include excellent grades and prerequisite courses.
- Exemplary discipline and attendance records are required and will be strictly enforced.
- Students & parents will be required to sign a contract and clinical site waiver.
- Once accepted into the program, students must have a physical examination, all recommended immunizations including Hepatitis, a current flu vaccine and a Tuberculosis test.
- The student is responsible for paying for his/her uniform, scrubs and shoes.
- The 2 part state certification test is given through Prometric. Students must register with the Department of Public Health after certification.